Monday, September 6, 2010

Keeping Up Isn't Just For The Joneses Anymore



As a new author, I'm continually inundated with suggestions for getting myself out there. FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter, our own InkSpot, this blog, that blog, start your own blog, keep up with multiple yahoo mystery-and-non-mystery groups...my brain forms a perfect whirling dervish thinking about it all.

I do have a website, and a FaceBook account which I've been using to periodically put forth new information about my writing. However, I find I often contract a recurring case of "I ran out of time, AGAIN!" and even with the best of intentions, I can't seem to make all these things happen. So, I turn to you, my seasoned Midnight Ink co-authors, and ask how you balance your on-line time? Which venues earn your attention and why? How do you manage accounts with the Big Three (FaceBook, MySpace, and Twitter--oh man, I can hardly stand the thought of "tweeting, twittering, chirping, or quacking!") and all the blogs and yahoo groups to boot? I fear I'll get sucked into the vast social networking wilderness and fall into the ever-after great beyond if I'm not careful.

I'm more than willing to do just about anything to help promo not only my writing, but all of our books. I'll sit in a dunk tank, take a pie in the face, hang out at a promo table at conferences and harrass (OH! I mean talk nicely) to passerbys about our (dead and undead) bodies of work. But for the life of me I haven't been able to conquer that promotional-time-well-spent in the jungles of social networkdom.
So, bring me your poor, your tired--OH, excuse me, wrong mantra! Let me try that again. So, bring my any and all ideas you have about how you juggle your precious time and what works the best for you...heaven knows I'll take all the advice I can get :-)

Jessie Chandler
facebook.com/jchandlerauthor

No comments: