Friday, September 3, 2010

HAPPY LABOR DAY!

Don't even think about working this weekend, that's what Labor Day is all about, to give a rest to us laborers who are on duty 24/7 what with the proposals, the revisions, the rewrites and the copy-edits. And don't get me started on the promotion, the book-signings, the coast-to-coast tours, the TV appearances. Not this weekend.
Instead I'll be serving nachos and burgers to the hordes of consumers who come to our mountain community this weekend to buy arts and crafts which then supports our little 3-room schoolhouse, our volunteer fire department and the network of hiking trails we all use.
In between serving the ever-popular chili dogs I plan to read other people's books like book 2 in the Stieg Larsson trilogy and for my book club - THE COOKBOOK COLLECTOR.
Tell me I'm not the only one who's not working this weekend, who's not polishing the final chapters of the book that never ends. Hope you all get a break from the daily grind and honor the day - it's a testimonial to our "social and economic (and literary) achievements."

No comments: