This week, Midnight Ink presents Fifteen Fun Facts about Linda O. Johnston, author of the Superstition mysteries. Her latest, Knock on Wood, was released earlier this month.
1. I'm a cynophilist.
2. I'm addicted to Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.
3. I met my first Cavalier on the London Underground on my first trip to London.
4. Unsurprisingly, my favorite mysteries to write, and to read, contain pets, particularly dogs.
5. I wrote two cozy mystery series starring dogs and other pets before I started the two series I write for Midnight Ink: the Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter series, and its spinoff Pet Rescue Mysteries. The two series I write for Midnight Ink are the Superstition Mysteries and the Barkery & Biscuits Mysteries.
6. I happily live in Los Angeles but considered myself a displaced Pittsburgher for years.
7. My current Midnight Ink release, KNOCK ON WOOD, is my forty-first published novel.
8. I also currently write romance novels--paranormal romance for Harlequin Nocturne and romantic suspense for Harlequin Romantic Suspense.
9. I'm a happy wife, mother, grandma and dog mom.
1o. I'm a chocoholic. Dark chocolate? Yum!
11. J'ai étudié le français pendant douze ans quand j'étais une jeune fille, mais I don't really speak French now. (I almost got that correct on my own, although I did double check it.)
12. I used to really enjoy writing and negotiating contracts when I was a practicing real estate attorney and consider contracts another form of fiction.
13. I love to do crossword puzzles.
14. My first published novels were time travel romances.
15. My first published fiction was a short story in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine and won the Robert L. Fish Award for best first mystery short story of the year.
Knock on Wood is available online and in bookstores now!