Monday, March 5, 2018

Blog Transformation


I am posting this on the first Monday of the month, as I've been scheduled to for a while on the InkSpot blog.  But this is no longer Inkspot.  It's Under Cover of Midnight, which now consists of a combo of Inkspot and the original Under Cover of Midnight blog hosted by Midnight Ink.


I like the idea of combining them.  The readership will hopefully be broader, and so will the number of bloggers.  A good change.


I've found this a time of other changes within blogs I write for, too.  In one, some of the authors who post decided to post less and even suggested shutting the blog down, although we'd keep a face-to-face friendship.  However, I wasn't the only one who wasn't happy with that, so most of those who blog there will continue for now and also bring in more guest bloggers.  So--another good change.


An additional one of my blogs was affiliated with a chapter of a major writing organization, and that organization said that no writer could promote her books on those kinds of blogs.  As a result, the moderator restarted it as a separate blog not affiliated with the chapter, and it's expanded greatly--and enjoyably.  We can promote our books there.  So, yes, another good change.


And these aren't the only blogs I contribute to.


Why do I do it?  Because I enjoy blogging, and I enjoy reading my co-bloggers' posts.  I like to tell those who read my blogs what's happening in my life, mostly related to my writing--and my dogs.  To let readers know more about my books, and when new ones are about to be published.  And perhaps give other new or established authors--and readers--my opinions on various aspects of writing.


For Under Cover of Midnight, therefore, I want to be sure to post here that I'm happy to say that my fourth Barkery & Biscuits Mystery, Pick and Chews, will be a May release.  I'm busily making sure to let people know about the first three in the series as well, including at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, coming up in April.  Which books?  Bad to the Bone, To Catch a Treat, and Bite the Biscuit!


I know the popularity of blogs, like everything else, comes and goes.  Well, I'm still one of those who enjoy them, and I hope you are, too.




No comments: