Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaMoWriMo

National Novel Writing Month
NaNoWriMo

Are you writing?


I am wondering how many of you participate in NaNoWriMo?  It has grown to over 200,000 people taking part.  Those are people who register... I am sure there are others out there who do it, but don't sign up on the website.  (you will have to find their website - just google nanowrimo - currently their website is down)

I know one author who eventually sold her book after participating.  Well, she wrote the manuscript and then revised it a jillion times.  :)

Please share your experiences with the rest of us!  I am fascinated by the idea of NaNoWriMo.  Just like my views on Harry Potter, whatever it takes to get kids reading is a good thing.  Whatever it takes to get writers writing is a good thing.  So let's hear your stories!

2 comments:

Jessie Chandler said...

Nano is the bomb. Just be ready for a ton of HARD work after it's all over!

Alice Loweecey said...

My friend Gretchen McNeil sold a NaNo book. After editing and revising, of course--Possess hit stores a few months ago.

I never do NaNo because, yanno, it's Thanksgiving and pre-Christmas. Cookig and family stuff takes precedence (plus there's this book due to a certain editor on Feb. 1).