Wednesday, October 12, 2011

daily ramblings

     


My little guy Luc declaring the
Packers as #1.

Today has been one of those days...  dealing with all sorts of random things that have come up that somehow keeps me from getting any actual work done.  Well, that isn't quite true, I am getting lots of work done, but it doesn't feel like it.  Unfortunately, when days start like this, it's hard to get out of that ADD mode and dig into a manuscript or contract.  Today you will just have to put up with random thoughts and ramblings.  :)



First let me say that I am so happy to be a Cheesehead these days.  The Green Bay Packers are off to an amazing start.  This weekend we play the St. Louis Rams...  poor Rams.  That's about all I can say.  Oh yeah, the Claymaker is scary good.  And Aaron Rogers is the best quarterback in the NFL right now.



While we are talking about football... have y'all seen the Wisconsin Badgers this year?  Holy cows.  Wisconsin football is a lot like Wisconsin basketball... methodical, pound it out kind of play.  But this year, the football Badgers have a little more flash.  Credit starting quarterback Russell Wilson for bringing in not only a great arm, but great leadership.
Go Bucky!!


Now, it's October and in Wisconsin we naturally have turned to football and beer.  After all, we really excel in the area of beer making!  But what is this???  The Brewers are still playing?  And there is some crazy frenetic energy going on in centerfield.  He seems so little 6 foot tall and 175 pounds.  But Nyjer Morgan is pure energy and he is a spark ignites a crazy fanbase.  Yes, Ryan Braun and Prince Fielder are the big guns. 
But Nyjer is just a whole lotta fun to watch.  :)



Nyjer Morgan - bringing a special energy
to the Milwaukee Brewers.













Here are some websites that distract me when I should be working:

This Is Why I'm Broke - 'enuf said
LOLcats - not only are the LOLcats great, but the historic LOLs and Failbook crack me up
Sconnie Nation - you can get all your funny Wisconsin gear here.
Regretsy - caution - you may loose an entire day to this site...  sorry if it's not your type of humor...
Tarot Reading Psychic - love tarot
woot.com - does anyone not know about woot?  it's where I get all my cool t-shirts.  :)

umm...  I think that is about all for today.  Hope the Brewers win tonight!

3 comments:

Shannon Baker said...

Dave tells me when I'm having this type of day that I'm like a fart in a skillet. And yes, I have heard about the Badgers.

Kathleen Ernst said...

Cheeseheads rule.

Lois Winston said...

Terri, my husband is a Phila. boy, now reluctantly living in NJ. My sons grew up in Phila. They all expected both World Series and Superbowl wins this year. I'm a long suffering Mets fan. Needless to say, no one's happy around here lately.