Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Malice Domestic, Second Books, and Jess Lourey's Launch



So many things have happened quite rapidly in the last couple of weeks that my poor brain is still spinning in my cranium!

I wound up at Malice Domestic with Alan and the rest of the very cool Midnight Ink crew along with fab editor Terri Bischoff over this past weekend. It was a great time! I only wish I'd been able to attend Oakmont and the Festival of Mystery at Mystery Lover's Bookshop Monday after Malice. It sounded like a hoot, and I'll be sure to do that next time. To hear it told, fellow MInker Alice Loweecey kicked a** and took names selling her debut book, Force of Habit!



Then when I got home, I got the news that my second book in my Shay O'Hanlon Caper series will remain titled, thanks to an Ellen Hart suggestion, Hide and Snake Murder. The cover is going to be purple and decorated with a six-foot long, neon-green, stuffed snake named Doodlebug. I'm lovin' it! It was just the juice I needed to really start seriously thinking about book 3, The Book of as Yet No Name.


Tonight I had the pleasure and honor of attending Jess Lourey's launch party at Pat and Gary's MWA Raven-Award-Winning bookstore Once Upon a Crime. Jess provided Octoberfest Beer straight from Germany, and of course, the standard Octoberfest staple, l'il smokies and BBQ sauce in a nice pot-luck crock pot. Top that off with the necessary Nut Goodies, and you can be sure a great time was had by all. Now, I hate to say, it's naptime. Why couldn't we appreciate those enforced snoozes in school when we were young??? What I would give for a manditory heads-down!

No comments: