Friday, May 27, 2011

Holiday Weekend Recipe

I hope everyone has lots of fun plans for the long weekend.  I will spend my weekend reading manuscripts and hanging out with friends.  And hopefully I can drag someone along to see a Twins game with me.  :)

Ah, long weekends...  the anticipation is lovely.  If I were home in Wisconsin this weekend, I would be attending graduation and birthday parties - and eating a lot of homemade desserts.  I love rhubarb and this is the season for it.  Here is a yummy recipe for bars just in case you have a little time on your hands and 3 cups of rhubarb!

Go Anywhere Rhubarb Squares

Ingredients:

1 c. flour
1/3 c. powdered sugar
1/3 c. butter

Filling:

1 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb

Procedure:

Combine flour & powdered sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into the bottom of a greased 11-inch x 7-inch x 2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes. For filling, combine first four ingredients. Stir in rhubarb; pour over warm crust. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm if desired. Store in refrigerator.


Happy Memorial Day everyone!!  Have fun, be safe.  Eat a lot and thank a vet.  :)  See y'all next week.

1 comment:

Lois Winston said...

Perfect timing! My rhubarb is ready to pick. Have a great weekend, Terri.