Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by the offical website of Midnight Ink!  http://www.midnightinkbooks.com/  Here you will find all things Inky.

What are Inky things you ask?  Primarily any information that has to do with Midnight Ink, our authors, our books, new signings, awards and nominations, conventions, sales and promotions, the publishing process, interesting crime fiction tidbits, LOL cats, baseball commentary - you know, the good things in life!

This will be brought to you by me, Terri.  I am the acquiring editor at Midnight Ink.  I love crime fiction.  Before landing here at Midnight Ink, I owned and operated Booked for Murder in Madison, WI.  My two favorite parts of  the job were 1) talking to customers about crime fiction books and 2) looking through the catalogs to see what books would be coming out in the upcoming months.  In many ways, that is my life here.  I get to talk about mysteries all the time.  And while I don't have "customers" to talk to, I have a stable of incredible authors to work with.  As for looking through the catalogs...  I now have pride and fondness for every title listed in our catalogs.  Of course there is a lot more that goes into my job and I will talk about that along the way, but those are two great perks!  In many ways, I feel like I have the best job on the planet.

So I hope you'll come back and visit.  I don't know yet what I will talk about tomorrow.  In the meantime, enjoy a cute LOL cat!

STRANGER DANGER!!!!

10 comments:

Lois Winston said...

Terri, congrats on the new blog!

Terri Bischoff said...

Thanks Lois. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! And I plan to regularly have the MI authors posting, so I'll be in touch about that. :)

Kathleen Ernst said...

Nicely done, Terri! I look forward to keeping up on all things Inky. I could probably find a LOL cat photo or two if you run dry, too.

Darrell James said...

Gotta love the kittie! Nice job, Terri! I look forward to following the fun.

Cricket McRae said...

Nice job, Terri! Looking forward to reading more -- and more LOL cats. ;)

Unknown said...

Can't wait...I'll be reading! PS...love the cats.

Marne Ann said...

Great post, Terri! I'll be following, too. Question: So, if you've been working in this business for 15 years, you started out when you were 10? I'm sure that's right (and if not, just go with it girl)...Looking forward to the Ink.

Jessica Lourey said...

I will carry that LOL cat in my pocket all day. Thanks for the brightener!

Shannon Baker said...

I imagine the cat picture reminds you of desperate writers at conferences. I'm looking forward to your Inky blog.

Terri Bischoff said...

Thanks everyone!

Marne - you are too kind :) In September you can check out all my gray hair!

Shannon - I hadn't thought of that, but now it does! Those sneaky authors, hiding behind the bushes, ready to pounce... :D