Thursday, April 14, 2011

Nothing But A Bad Influence

I've read books, devoured them, from the moment I learned to read. I was always drawn to the Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys, The Three Investigators, Encyclopedia Brown...then as I got older I fell into Clive Cussler and his historical adventure thrillers. Give me a thrill, a mystery, some breathless excitement and danger, and I was a goner.










Then the tube teased me with mysterious visual stimuli -- Remington Steele, Hart to Hart, Magnum PI, CHiPs, Cagney & Lacey, Hill Street Blues, Quincy, Kojak, Rockford Files...and so many others.

I completely feel that the draw I had to these shows helped make me who I am today. What were some of the books and television shows that helped shape you as a writer, a reader, and yes, a person? Take a little trip and skip on down memory lane with me and fess up to your past mysterious indulgences!

No comments: