Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Real Me

by Kathleen Ernst

“So,” my agent said recently, “don’t take this the wrong way, but you need some new author photos.”

Ernst07 Gerold The whole professional photo thing is not one of my favorite parts of the writing biz. I’ve found a wonderful local photographer for studio work, and I dutifully made an appointment and updated my headshots. (Photo, left, by Geri Gerrold)

But I’m a low-key person. I never wear suits. I rarely wear makeup or pantyhose. I wanted to supplement the “For the Media” page on my website with some casual photos as well. Shots that reflected both my personality and my new Chloe Ellefson/Historic Sites series. Fortunately, I have a professional photographer friend who thought that a day spent taking pictures at Old World Wisconsin (setting for Old World Murder) sounded like a good time.

So I’m borrowing an idea Beth Groundwater had a while back (imitation equals flattery, right?) and posting some shots below. I’d like to narrow the field to a top pick for full figure (Group A), and top pick for tighter views (Group B). What do you think? I’d love your opinion! (All photos by Kay Klubertanz.)

Group A:

KAE KKlubertanz 003

A1

KAE KKlubertanz 007

A2

KAE KKlubertanz 010

A3

Group B:

KAE KKlubertanz 001

B1

KAE KKlubertanz 011

B2

KAE KKlubertanz 005

B3

Which are your favorites? And…how do you choose to present yourself to the world?

No comments: