Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Celebrating a Milestone

Yesterday I turned in book 6 in my Odelia Grey series to my publisher. Yep – book 6. I have 12 of them under contract to Midnight Ink, so that puts me and Odelia at the half way mark – mile 13 in a writing marathon that started many years ago.

In a publishing climate where most series seldom get beyond 3-4 books for one reason or another, I consider myself quite fortunate, if not blessed. Not only do I have contracts for an even dozen books in the series, but they continue to sell strong, including my entire back list. Each time a new Odelia comes out, the previous books enjoy a nice jump in sales.

It’s magic.

I’m also working on book #2 in my new vampire mystery series and book #3 in my Ghost of Granny Apples series. In total, I currently have 18 books under contract and I have delivered 9 of them to my publisher. Another halfway point. Another milestone.

It's exciting. It's my dream.

I found it fitting that this milestone was reached over the 4th of July weekend.

I pretended the fireworks were for me.

Sue Ann Jaffarian
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook

No comments: