Thursday, April 1, 2010

Has It Been A Year Already?

DIAMONDS Final Cover

 

I'm usually not a very sentimental guy, but today is a special day for me. (And not because, as my kids might say, the day was named April FOOL'S Day in my honor).

Today is the one-year "blogiversary" of my first post here on InkSpot.

Today also is the official release date of DIAMONDS FOR THE DEAD.

 

Boy, have I learned a lot in the past year...

I used to think promotion was what happened when you did a good job and moved up a rank in your company. Now I know promotion is what you're doing when you should be writing (and when you're not procrastinating).

I used to think an author came up with his/her own titles. Luckily, I was wrong about that!

I used to think once you were done writing something, you were done. Now I know that once you're done writing something, you've barely begun.

I used to think writers were distant and unapproachable. I've come to realize that crime writers are the most generous bunch of twisted psychos around.

I used to think it would be hard to come up with topics to blog about. Now I know to pull out the ol' "what I learned over the past year" blog when I get stuck.

Over the past month or so, a lot of new InkSpotters have joined our merry (ok, motley) little crew. Welcome newbies, but buckle your seat belts. You're in for a wild year.

No Fooling!

 

Alan

No comments: