Friday, March 19, 2010

Author Headshots--You Choose!

My husband is an avid and accomplished amateur photographer, so I use him for my author headshots. It's usually a big production where he gets out all his toys--digital camera, lenses, flash, tripod, remote clicker, white umbrella, light reflectors, and more. And, after the raw photos are taken, he uses his digital toys, including Aperture and Photoshop.

It's been about five years since he took my last headshot, which I display EVERYWHERE--on my books, my website, Facebook, Goodreads, etc. So, for my March 1, 2011 Midnight Ink release, Deadly Currents, I needed a new headshot. My editor asked me to submit two. She wants a regular head-and-shoulders formal headshot and an outdoorsy shot that reflects the occupation of my sleuth, a whitewater river ranger.

I've winnowed down the numerous shots we took to three of each. Now, it's your turn to vote. Choose the first, second or third formal shot and the first, second or third outdoor shot. Or, feel free to tell me we have to go back to the drawing board! After we pick one of each, dear hubby promises he'll go to work in Photoshop and try to get rid of as many wrinkles and flaws as possible. Ain't he sweet!

Here are the formal shots:
















































Here are the outdoor shots:























No comments: