Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chilly Disney World, Here We Come

by Felicia Donovan

Scan72

It has been many years since I ventured to the Magic Kingdom, but off I go in a few days along with my best friend and her family.

Ahhhh...an escape from the cold New England weather that has hovered around a high of twenty degrees for many days. Visions of shorts, sandals and t-shirts crept into my head as I began the arduous task of planning what to pack...until I checked the weather reports.

What? Sixty degrees with an evening low of forty and clouds? My friend's extended family is already in Florida and quickly issued this caution - pack the kids' winter coats and gloves. Seriously?

Just a few years ago I was in Orlando in March and my own children opted out of some of the Disney attractions to linger in the luxurious hotel pool because it was so warm.

Okay, Mickey, Belle, Ariel, Cinderella and the lot of you. I've heard Disney can make it snow at Christmastime, so how about using some of that good ol' Disney magic and cranking it up another ten degrees? Not that I'm complaining, mind you, because friends assure me you don't want to be there when it's ninety, but a pleasant and sunny seventy degrees would be a nice change from what we're experiencing in the Northeast.

I'm open for advice on what to pack given the conditions if any of you experienced Disney fans want to share. And yes, that's me in the picture with my Mickey ears having just returned from a visit.

No comments: