Monday, May 1, 2017

Happy May!

by Linda O. Johnston

  It's May.  Happy May!  I'm happy it's May--as you probably figured after my blog here last month when I said that May was fast approaching.  And why am I happy?  This is the month that my third Barkery & Biscuits Mystery, Bad to the Bone, is published by Midnight Ink.


  As always, it was fun taking Carrie Kennersly, the protagonist I'd created, and throwing her once more into a difficult situation where again she has to solve a murder.


  Carrie is a veterinary technician who developed some nice, healthy treats for dogs, then bought a bakery and turned half into a barkery where she sells some of those treats.  She'd never thought she would wind up becoming an amateur sleuth, too, and start solving so many murders. 


  Oh, I'm chortling here--her creator who's been able to stick her into all of those difficult situations.  But I know she can handle it.


  And it's what happens in cozy mysteries.  Carrie doesn't know she's in a series of stories.  I place myself in her head as I write about her and figure out what she's thinking.  But she's strong.  She's creative.  She's determined.


  Like me, she's a dog lover.


  Also like me, she solves mysteries.  But for me, those murders are all in my mind.  I make 'em real for my Carrie character.


  And guess what, Carrie.  You're destined for more!


So happy May, everyone--including Carrie.


No comments: